Two of the biggest draws to television these days are live sports and Game of Thrones. So after a little inspiration from ESPN radio and much consideration from my extensive love for the GoT series, I have created a list of which NBA teams correlate with which GoT character.
- Cersei Lannister – The Cleveland Cavaliers. Everyone is out to beat them because they have Lebron James. Cersei is the evil conquer just when you think Cersei is finished, she proves that she still can lay havoc to the seven kingdoms.
- Daenerys Targaryen – The Golden State Warriors. Daenerys was dragged through the mud but she never gave up on her ultimate goal of one day sitting on the Iron Throne to avenge her family. She now has an unstoppable army very much like the Warriors, players like Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green. But hey SPOILER TIME DONT READ PAST THIS the Night King proved that her dragons can die…anything is possible.
- Ramsay Bolton – The Los Angeles Lakers. Ramsay Bolton a sinister evil character that you had to love. This fits perfectly with the Lakers because of their rookie Lonzo Ball. I cant stand the Lakers because of Lonzo, his obnoxious father Lavar, and there Own Reality Show enjoy the epic collapse Laker fans!
- Night King/Army of the Dead. The San Antonio Spurs. Cant stop this wrecking crew, year after year the Spurs hammer out 50 wins. Plus Gregg Popovich would be a great Night King.
- Jamie Lannister – The Boston Celtics. Poor Jamie has had a rough time in GOT, gets captured in battle, losses his hand, and now leaves the love of his life to go fight the dead because of honor. Celtics lost their top free agent, Gordon Hayward just minutes into their first game of the season, but they also have Kyrie Irving. Maybe they can beat the Cavs?
- Theon Greyjoy – The New York Knicks. Knicks fans have some of the most passionate fans out there, they always beat their chests and talk about their once prideful past just like the Greyjoys.
- Stannis Baratheon – The Toronto Raptors. A stubborn team that refuses to change, keep trying to the same old and eventually fall from grace just like old “King” Stannis. They also have the biggest bandwagon fan in the world Drake.
- House Tyrell – The Philadelphia 76ers. Very pretty to look at, talk a lot of game but when it comes to game time…they break like glass. Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, and now Markelle Fultz have spent major time on the disabled list during their rookie years. “Trust the process” they say.
- Euron Greyjoy – The Washington Wizards. A true wildcard that really no one knows whats going to happen. Up and down inconsistency like you hear about, could be good enough to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals…..could get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.
- Brandon Stark “Three Eyed Raven” – The Houston Rockets. An extremely cleaver individual that has to take on responsibilities rather quickly to become the Three Eyed Raven. Like Brandon the Rockets need to figure out how their offense is going to work with the acquisition of Chris Paul.
- Jon Snow – The Los Angeles Clippers. After some strong seasons and almost making it to the finals. This team has been left for dead after losing a few big stars to other teams and has no legit chance at becoming the kings. A bastard of Los Angeles to the Lakers.
- Eddard Stark – The Chicago Bulls. A once very honorable individual that built a powerful house in the north had it all come crashing down when he went to kings landing to be the kings hand. The Bulls were that once powerful house when they had Michael Jordan but since then its been nothing but pain and agony especially watching Derrick Rose fall apart.
- Little Finer – New Orleans Pelicans. A true snake in the grass when it comes to Little Finger. The Pelicans are sorta like that, you think sooner or later they’ll rise to power with players like Anthony Davis and DeMarcus ” Boogie” Cousins but they never do.
- The Hound – The Milwaukee Bucks. A fan favorite both in the show and in the NBA because of the young super star Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak.
- Tyrion Lannister – The Oklahoma City Thunder. Tyrion has proven he can be a very strategic leader in battle and a trusted adviser. The Thunder made the most sneaky deal this off season by acquiring big time players Paul George, and veteran Carmelo Anthony.
- Knights of the Vale – The Minnesota Timerwolves. Experts have been saying this will be the team that will dominate the west for the past couple years…….when will then be now? The Knights of the Vale came riding in to save John during battle of the bastards. Timberwolves traded with the Chicago Bulls for Jimmy Butler during the off season so maybe this will be the year!
- Tormund Giantsbane – The Portland Trail Blazers. The Free Folk are true warriors that will fight to the very end, while others look at them as a bunch of savages. Tormund the leader of the Free Folk is what Damian Lillard is to the Trail Blazers, a guy that never quits.
Two Buttons Deep is a news & entertainment website based in upstate New York.
We don’t just post the news, we post stuff worth talking about…